- Which version of Windows Phone do I have?
- How do I update my phone software?
- Phone updates FAQ
- Copying and pasting
- Switching between apps
- What do the icons on your phone mean?
- Tips to help keep your phone secure
- Accessibility on your phone
- Lock screen
- Using Speech on your phone
- Finding a lost phone
- My Phone FAQ
- How can I minimise my data usage?
- Battery: making it last
- SD cards and your phone
- Using a PIN to lock your SIM card
- Privacy resources
- Feature and service availability
Making room on your phone to update it
You might need to clear some space on your phone if there isn't enough room to install a software update. You can make room by using the Zune software (or Windows Phone application for Mac) to temporarily remove some files from your phone, such as music, videos, applications or pictures.
For example, in the Zune software, you can go to Settings > Phone > Sync Options to modify what gets synchronised to your phone, and you can go to Settings > Phone > Reserved Space to modify the amount of space that Zune reserves on your phone for synchronised content. For more information, see Synchronising music, pictures and videos.
If you need additional help, see the Windows Phone Support site.