Synchronising documents with SkyDrive
You can use SkyDrive to access your documents from both your phone and computer. To get started, on your phone, sign in with your Windows Live ID, then go to the Office Hub.
To sync documents from SkyDrive to your phone
On your phone, sign in with a Windows Live ID.
On Start, flick left to the App list, then tap Office .
Your notes in Microsoft OneNote notebooks on SkyDrive will appear in Notes, and your other Office documents will appear in Documents.
If there isn't a default OneNote notebook named Personal (Web) in your My Documents folder on SkyDrive, it will be automatically created on SkyDrive and synchronised to your phone.
Tap a note or document to open it.
If you can't see the file you're looking for on SkyDrive, you can do the following in the Office Hub to search or browse for it:
- To search for a particular note, flick to Notes, tap Search , then start typing a notebook, section or page name. Tap to open and edit the note you'd like.
- To search for other documents, flick to Documents, tap Search , flick to SkyDrive, then start typing the file name. Tap the one you're interested in to open and edit it.
- To browse for a document, flick to Locations, tap SkyDrive, tap a folder, then tap the document to open and edit it.
- You can access both your own Office files and those that other people have shared with you on SkyDrive.
- Whenever you save changes to a file, they're saved to SkyDrive.
- To make sure your OneNote notebook syncs to SkyDrive, don't change the default notebook name from Personal (Web), and don't change the name of the Unfiled Notes section in the notebook.
- A OneNote notebook that is larger than 50 megabytes (MB) can't sync to SkyDrive.
To upload an existing document to SkyDrive
If you already have a document on your phone, you can upload it to SkyDrive.
In the Office Hub, flick to Locations, then tap Phone.
Tap the document to open it, then tap More > Share > SkyDrive.
To save a new document to SkyDrive
In the Office Hub, flick to Documents, tap New > Word or Excel.
After you've made some changes, tap More > Save.
Type a name in the File name box, then tap the Save to list > SkyDrive > Save.