- Which version of Windows Phone do I have?
- How do I update my phone software?
- Phone updates FAQ
- Copying and pasting
- Switching between apps
- What do the icons on your phone mean?
- Tips to help keep your phone secure
- Accessibility on your phone
- Lock screen
- Using Speech on your phone
- Finding a lost phone
- My Phone FAQ
- How can I minimise my data usage?
- Battery: making it last
- SD cards and your phone
- Using a PIN to lock your SIM card
- Privacy resources
- Feature and service availability
Troubleshooting phone update errors
If you encounter any issues while updating your Windows Phone to the latest software version, we have a variety of resources to assist you.
We recommend using the Installing or updating your Windows Phone 7 software wizard first. It provides step-by-step instructions to resolve some of the most common problems.
The following topics provide information similar to Installing or updating your Windows Phone 7 software, but in a more narrative format.
- 801812C1: A driver for my phone needs to be updated
- C1010007 and 800704C7: The Zune software doesn't recognise my phone, or stops in the middle of the update
- 801811A5: My computer can't connect to Windows Phone Update
- 80181197: Making room on your computer for phone updates
- 801811A3: There's a problem with the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
- 800705B4, 80180080 and C101002E: The update times out and doesn't complete successfully
- Making room on your phone to update it
- My battery is too low to update my phone
- Correcting the date and time to update your phone
- Samsung Omnia 7 reboot loop issue when updating from 7390 to 7392
If you can't see a solution to your problem in the topics above, try working through Installing and troubleshooting problems during the software update for Windows Phone 7.
If that doesn't help, try restoring your phone to its previous state with the backup that was made during the update process. For more info, see Restoring a backup to my phone.
If you need additional help, see the Windows Phone Support site.