- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings for phone setup
- Starting from the beginning
- Getting connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds and volume
- Adding or creating ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start and Search
- Changing the accent colour or background theme
Windows Live ID
Signing in with your Windows Live ID lets you do all kinds of things on your phone. You use it to:
- Download apps or buy music and videos from Marketplace
- Play Xbox LIVE games
- Play music using a Zune Music Pass
- Use Messenger and Facebook Chat
- Get your Twitter or LinkedIn feeds on your People Hub
- Use Find My Phone to ring, lock, erase or find your phone on a map
- Sync your photos or Office docs on SkyDrive
Also, if you already have contacts, messages, a calendar and photos stored on Windows Live, they'll all be automatically synchronised to your phone when you sign in.
The following topics will help you determine which Windows Live ID you should use, if you have one already associated with your Zune Tag or gamertag – or find out more about what Windows Live can offer you.
- Which Windows Live ID should I use?
- Choosing a Microsoft account wizard (English only)
- What is a Windows Live ID?
- Signing in with a Windows Live ID
- Lighting up your phone with Windows Live
- Finding the Windows Live ID you used to create your Zune Tag
- Finding the Windows Live ID you used to create your gamertag
- Changing a Windows Live ID FAQ