- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings for phone setup
- Starting from the beginning
- Getting connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds and volume
- Adding or creating ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start and Search
- Changing the accent colour or background theme
Installing the Zune software
Zune software is a program for your PC that lets you sync music, videos and pictures between your computer and your phone. It also lets you install the latest performance and feature updates for your phone.
In most cases, you'll be prompted to install the Zune software the first time you connect your phone to your computer. If you aren't prompted to install the Zune software, do the following:
Go to the Zune software for your PC page and click the button to start the download.
Follow the instructions.
- If you have a Mac, you can use the Windows Phone application for Mac to sync multimedia files between your phone and your computer. For more information, see the Windows Phone application for Mac page.
- The Zune software won't work on Windows RT.