- Everything goes back to Start
- Personalize my Start screen and theme color
- Move or unpin a Tile on Start
- Pin apps to Start
- Where's the App list?
- Create folders on my Start screen
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Add ringtones to my phone
- Set alarms on my phone
- Change date and time
- Personalize my lock screen
- Locked phone: things it can still do
- Lock screen FAQ
- Typing shortcuts
- Keyboard tips
- Change keyboard language
- Back up my stuff
- Restore a backup to my phone
- Storage on my phone
- "Other" phone storage FAQ
- Accessibility on my phone
- Use my phone with a TTY
- Use Narrator on my phone
- My Phone FAQ
- Protect my phone
- Find a lost phone
- Reset my phone
- Notifications and quick actions
- Use quick actions on my phone
- Change notification settings
- View or dismiss notification banners
- Sync my Windows Phone settings
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Stop my screen from rotating
Create folders on my Start screen
Folders help you keep the Start screen on your Windows Phone 8.1 organized by letting you group Tiles the way you like. For example, you might have a folder with all your games and another with your favorite apps—it's completely up to you. After you create a folder, you can name it, move it, resize it, and add or remove Tiles from it whenever you want. Your phone might even already have a folder on the Start screen, such as a Music+videos folder.
To create and name a folder
On Start , tap and hold a Tile.
Push the Tile on top of another Tile until the folder pops into the foreground.
To name the folder, tap Name folder, type whatever name you like, and then tap Enter.
To add another Tile to the folder, simply tap and hold the Tile, and then push it into the folder.
Didn't name the folder when you first created it? No problem—you can do it any time. To name or rename a folder, tap the folder to open it, tap and hold the top bar of the folder, type a name in the text box that appears, and then tap Enter.
To open apps in the folder
To get to any of the apps in the folder, just tap the folder to open it, and then tap the app you want.
To close the folder, tap the Tile for the folder that appears above it.
To remove a Tile from a folder
Tap the folder to open it.
Tap and hold the Tile you want to remove from the folder.
Push the Tile to anywhere on Start.