- Get started with Windows Phone
- What's new in Windows Phone 8.1
- Windows Phone tips and tricks
- What's changed in Windows Phone 8.1
- Sync my Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Copy and paste
- Gestures: swipe, pan, and stretch
- Places to try tapping and holding
- Set up Windows Phone for kids
- Tips to help keep my phone secure
- What is the cloud?
- How do I get Windows Phone 8.1?
- How do I update my phone software?
- Make room on my phone to update it
- Solutions to update issues
- Windows Phone 8 update history
- Which version of Windows Phone do I have?
- Switch between apps
- Use Driving Mode
- Moving from Android or iPhone to Windows Phone
- Moving from Android to Windows Phone
- Moving from iPhone to Windows Phone
- How-to videos
- Feature and service availability
- Privacy resources
Sync my Windows Phone
If you want to move media or sync stuff between your computer and your Windows Phone, a good way to start is with the type of computer you have.
If you have a PC running Windows 10
The Phone Companion app is built-in to Windows 10, and it will tell you how to automatically get the things you love from your PC to your phone or tablet. (You can also plug your phone or tablet into your PC and use File Explorer to move files manually.) Search for "Phone Companion" in the search box on your PC's taskbar to open it. Learn more about Phone Companion
Accidentally removed the app from your PC? Get the Phone Companion app
If you have a different version of Windows
Check out Which apps can I use to sync with my computer? to see which apps work on which computer. And if you're trying to figure out how to sync your contacts, calendar, and email, see the list of topics following this table, which have detailed instructions.
|Windows Phone app||Windows Phone app for desktop||Windows Explorer|
More ways to sync
You don't need to use an app to sync some things, like your contacts, calendar, or email. Here are detailed instructions to help you get those things added to your phone, including additional info for syncing your docs and music.