- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from Windows Phone Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- How do I install apps from an SD card?
- Games on my Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Get suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Set up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Set up the Facebook app
- Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Use Speech on my phone
- Use Internet Explorer
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Sync documents using my computer
- Sync documents with OneDrive
- Use OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scan codes and text
- Use maps
- Get directions
- Share apps with Apps Corner
- Location awareness and my phone
Share apps with Apps Corner
Apps Corner lets you set up a custom Start screen on your Windows Phone 8.1, where you can share only the apps you choose with the people you let use your phone. And if you want to set up phones for other people, such as employees, students, or coworkers, you can export your Apps Corner settings from your phone and import it onto other phones.
To set up Apps Corner
On Start , swipe over to the App list, then tap Settings > Apps Corner.
Under Apps, tap Tap to select apps, select the apps that you want people to use, and then tap Done .
If your phone doesn't already have a lock screen password, you can set one now to ensure that people can't get to your Start screen from Apps Corner. Tap Protect my phone with a password, type a password in the New password box, type it again in the Confirm password box, and then tap Done .
Turn Action center and Settings on or off, depending on whether you want people to be able to use these features when using the phone.
Tap Advanced, and then turn these features on or off, depending on whether you want people to be able to use them — Camera button, Search button, Start button, Back button, and Modify Tiles.
Press the Back button when you're done.
Want to prevent users from using Search and Cortana? When you're in Apps Corner and selecting apps, make sure you don't include Search.
To use Apps Corner
On Start , swipe right to the App list, then tap Settings > Apps Corner > Launch .
Give the phone to someone else, so they can use the phone and only the apps you chose.
When they're done and you get the phone back, press and hold the Power button, and then swipe over to close Apps Corner.
Want to get to Apps Corner with one tap? In Settings , tap Apps Corner > Pin to pin the Apps Corner Tile to your Start screen.
To export and import Apps Corner settings
You can use your Apps Corner settings on other phones that you want people to use. (You'll need an SD card and SD card slots on both phones to do this.)
Tap Settings > Apps Corner > Advanced > Export to SD card.
Insert the SD card into the other phone.
In Settings , tap Apps Corner > Import from SD card.
The Import from SD card button only appears if there's an Apps Corner settings file on the SD card.