- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from Windows Phone Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- Games on my Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Get suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Set up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Set up the Facebook app
- Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Use Speech on my phone
- Use Internet Explorer
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Sync documents using my computer
- Sync documents with OneDrive
- Use OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scan codes and text
- Use maps
- Get directions
- Share apps with Apps Corner
- Location awareness and my phone
Install .XAP files on your phone using an SD card
Some mobile operators offer apps in the form of a .XAP file on an SD card. If you've got a .XAP file on an SD card, here's how to install it on your phone.
If you're running Windows Phone 8.1 and your phone supports an SD card, you can install apps directly to your SD card instead of your phone's internal storage. These apps will show up in the App list just like your other apps and games.
To install apps and games from your phone's SD card
Insert an SD card that contains one or more .XAP files into your phone.
In the App list, tap Store .
Tap More, and then tap Install local apps. (If you're running an earlier version of Windows Phone, look for the SD card option instead.)
If you've just inserted the SD card or added the .XAP files, you might need to wait a few minutes before you can access your SD card from the Store.
Select the apps you want, and then tap Install.
Installed apps appear in the App list. Depending on the specific app or game, you'll be able to use them as follows:
- Free apps and games can be used immediately.
- Paid apps and games that have a trial will be available as a trial version that you can purchase later.
- Paid apps and games without a trial must be purchased before you can use them.