- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from Windows Phone Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- How do I install apps from an SD card?
- Games on my Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Get suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Set up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Set up the Facebook app
- Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Use Speech on my phone
- Meet Cortana
- Start using Cortana
- What can I say to Cortana?
- Cortana's Notebook
- Cortana's settings
- Favorite places and Cortana
- Find music with Cortana
- My inner circle and Cortana
- Quiet hours and Cortana
- My interests and Cortana
- Remind me, Cortana
- Use Internet Explorer
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Sync documents using my computer
- Sync documents with OneDrive
- Use OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scan codes and text
- Use maps
- Get directions
- Location awareness and my phone
Delete or reinstall apps
Deleting an app or game removes it from your phone and frees up space. It also removes any information it may have contained—such as notes in an app, or save files for a game. So you should remove apps and games with care.
To delete an app or game
In the App list, tap and hold an app or game, and then tap Uninstall.
When you're asked for confirmation, tap Yes.
If you're using Windows Phone 8 and you want to delete a game, go to Games , tap and hold a game you want to delete, and then tap Uninstall.
To reinstall apps from your phone
If you accidentally delete an app—or ever have to replace your phone—you can reinstall apps or games you've bought without paying for them again (as long as they're still available in the Windows Phone Store).
On Start , tap Store .
Tap Search to find the app or game you want to reinstall.
To see what apps and games you've previously installed on your phone, go to Store > More > My apps.
To reinstall apps from your computer
Open a web browser on your computer and go to www.windowsphone.com.
Under the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the screen, sign in with the same Microsoft account (formerly Windows Live ID) you use on your phone.
In the same drop-down menu, click Purchase history.
Under Purchase history, find the app you want to reinstall and click Reinstall.
Follow the instructions to reinstall the app. You might have to reenter your Microsoft account information.
Xbox and Windows Phone Store may not be available in your country or region.