- Open webpages
- Navigate webpages
- Favorites and history in Internet Explorer Mobile
- Use Maps
- Get directions
- Map favorite places
- Local Scout
- Search the web
- Scan codes, tags, and text
- What song is this?
- Location awareness and my phone
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Location and my privacy FAQ
Search the web
The Search button on your phone is your one stop for getting answers on the web using Bing.
To find something on the web
Press the Search button.
Tap the Search box, then type a word or phrase.
Tap Go .
- You can narrow or broaden your search results by flicking to Web, Local, or Images.
- Under Web, you can flick up or down to see different kinds of results that may appear for different searches, such as news, web results, related searches, apps, products, flight status, weather, sports scores, stock quotes, a location, or movies.
- Some things you search for might have a related app that can help you out. In these cases, App Connect helps you find and use these apps by showing them in your search results.
- Did you know you can search by voice? Tap the microphone icon and say your search term. To learn more about Speech, see Use Speech on my phone.