- Open webpages
- Navigate webpages
- Favorites and history in Internet Explorer Mobile
- Use Maps
- Get directions
- Map favorite places
- Local Scout
- Search the web
- Scan codes, tags, and text
- What song is this?
- Location awareness and my phone
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Location and my privacy FAQ
Favorites and history in Internet Explorer Mobile
Internet Explorer Mobile includes many of the time-saving features found on the desktop, including the ability to save your favorite sites and see your recent browsing history. (You'll need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection to browse the web in Internet Explorer. To learn more, see Connecting: how and when and Connect to a Wi-Fi network.)
To add a site to your favorites list
On Start, tap Internet Explorer, then open the website you'd like to save.
Tap More > Add to favorites.
Internet Explorer automatically fills in the name and web address (URL) of the site. If you don't need to make any changes, tap Done.
Otherwise, tap inside a text box to edit an entry. When you've finished, tap Done.
At this time, you can't import favorites from your computer to your phone.
To open, edit, or delete a favorite
In Internet Explorer, tap More > Favorites.
Flick until you see the name of the favorite you want, and then do one of the following:
- To open a site, tap it.
- To edit a site, tap and hold it, and then tap Edit to type a new name or address.
- To remove a site from your list, tap and hold it, and then tap Delete.
To view or erase your browsing history
In Internet Explorer, tap More > Recent to see the sites you've visited.
To erase your history, tap Delete > Delete.