- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Start from the beginning
- Get connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Add or create ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan, and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start, and Search
- Change accent color or background theme
Windows Live ID
Signing in with your Windows Live ID lets you do all kinds of things on your phone. You use it to:
- Download apps or buy music and videos from Marketplace
- Play Xbox LIVE games
- Play music using a Zune Music Pass
- Use Messenger and Facebook Chat
- Get your Twitter or LinkedIn feeds on your People Hub
- Use Find My Phone to ring, lock, erase, or find your phone on a map
- Sync your photos or Office docs on OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive)
Also, if you already have contacts, messages, a calendar, and photos stored on Windows Live, they'll all be automatically synced to your phone when you sign in.
The following topics will help you determine which Windows Live ID you should use, if you have one already associated with your Zune Tag or gamertag—or find out more about what Windows Live can offer you.
- Which Windows Live ID should I use?
- Choose a Microsoft account wizard (English only)
- What is a Windows Live ID?
- Sign in with a Windows Live ID
- Light up my phone with Windows Live
- Find the Windows Live ID I used to create my Zune Tag
- Find the Windows Live ID I used to create my gamertag
- Change a Windows Live ID FAQ