- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Start from the beginning
- Get connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Add or create ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan, and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start, and Search
- Change accent color or background theme
Windows Phone 7.8
Windows Phone 7.8 is an update for Windows Phone 7.5 phones. It includes some great new features to make your phone easier and more fun to use. See how to get the update.
Windows Phone 7.8 features
A fresh Start. Resize your Live Tiles—small, medium, or large—for a totally customizable Start screen. Large Tiles provide more info, like the text of new messages or details on appointments. Small ones make it easy to tap and go.
20 colors. There's now double the accent colors to jazz up your phone—at least 20, from red and yellow to indigo and steel. The color you choose will show up on Start and all around your phone.
Lock screen love. Get transported to exotic locales with a gorgeous new lock screen image from Bing—each and every day.
- The Windows Phone 7.8 update is not available in all markets or for all phones.
- Some features may work differently or not at all if your phone has 256 MB of RAM. To find out how much memory your phone has, on Start, flick left, tap Settings, and then tap About. For more information, contact your mobile operator.
- Some features might not be available in your country or region. For more information, see Feature and service availability.