- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Start from the beginning
- Get connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Add or create ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan, and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start, and Search
- Change accent color or background theme
What's Airplane mode?
Airlines often require that you turn off your phone during flights. Airplane mode is a setting on your phone that lets you turn off the cellular connection, Wi-Fi, FM radio, and Bluetooth on your phone simultaneously. This way you can use other apps (including ones that let you listen to music or watch videos that are on your phone) that don't require a cellular connection. While you're in Airplane mode, you can still use your FM radio and turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth separately. Cellular remains off until you turn Airplane mode off.
To turn Airplane mode on or off
On Start, flick left to the App list, and tap Settings .
Tap Airplane mode, and then turn it on or off.