- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Start from the beginning
- Get connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Add or create ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan, and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start, and Search
- Change accent color or background theme
What is a Windows Live ID?
A Windows Live ID is the email address and password you use to sign in to any of the following:
- Xbox LIVE
- Find My Phone
Once you've created a Windows Live ID—and you may have done so without even realizing it—you can use it to buy apps, games, or music on Marketplace, play Xbox LIVE games, use Messenger and Facebook Chat, add Twitter and LinkedIn accounts to your People Hub, use a Zune Music Pass, and more.
You can use any email address you want to create a Windows Live ID. If you don't have a Windows Live ID, we'll walk you through creating one when you sign in on your phone. Or you can create one at www.live.com.
- To reset your password or get a reminder, go to http://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx.
- When you create a Windows Live ID, it will generally be associated with the country or region where you create the account. This locale will be the one you use to buy things from Marketplace, and once a locale has been associated with your Marketplace account, it can't be changed. To learn more, see How to change the Windows Live ID on your Windows Phone .
- Some of the features or services discussed in this article may not be available in your country or region.