- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Start from the beginning
- Get connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Add or create ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan, and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start, and Search
- Change accent color or background theme
Install the Zune software
Zune software is a program for your PC that lets you sync music, videos, and pictures between your computer and your phone. It also lets you install the latest performance and feature updates for your phone.
In most cases, you'll be prompted to install the Zune software the first time you connect your phone to your computer. If you aren't prompted to install the Zune software, do the following:
Go to the Zune software for your PC page and click the button to start the download.
Follow the instructions.
- If you have a Mac, you can use the Windows Phone app for Mac to sync multimedia files between your phone and your computer. For more information, see the Windows Phone app for Mac page.
- The Zune software won't work on Windows RT.