Add a picture to a contact
When you add a picture to one of your contacts, that picture will appear when the person calls you. And if you pin that contact to Start, the picture will appear on the person's Tile. To learn more about pinning, see Pin things to Start.
To learn how to create a new contact from scratch, see Create, edit, or delete a contact.
To add or change a picture for a contact
You can add or change a contact's photo from most of the email or social networking services that sync contacts with your phone.
On Start, tap People .
Flick to All, find and tap the contact you want to change, and then tap Edit .
Do one of the following:
- If no picture is associated with this contact, tap Add photo.
- If your contact already has a picture and you want to change it, tap the existing picture.
If the contact is a Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn contact only, you'll see a message that you can't edit their contact details. However, you can add their details in another account, such as Hotmail or Outlook.com. Tap Add, choose which account you'd like to use, and then add the details.
Find and tap the picture you want to use, adjust the placement and zoom of the picture to your liking, and then tap Crop .
To change a picture for a linked contact
If you have a linked contact (a contact with multiple accounts that show up as one contact card), you can choose which picture you want to use for their contact card, or use a picture from another account. For example, you can use a contact's profile picture from Facebook in their Outlook account. For more information about linked contacts, see Link two or more contacts.
On Start, tap People .
Flick to All, find and tap the contact you want to change, tap Edit , and then do one of the following:
- If the contact has different pictures on different accounts, and you want to change which picture represents the contact card, tap the existing picture, and then tap the account from which you'd like to get the picture.
- To use a picture from your phone, tap the existing picture, tap Find another, then find and tap the picture you want to use. To switch back to having your phone automatically assign a picture, tap Choose for me.
- If you want to change the picture for a specific account, tap that account (for example, Edit Outlook), tap the existing picture, then find and tap the picture you want to use. This will also become the picture you see on the contact card, but you can always change it by editing the contact.
When browsing for a new picture for a specific account, if you want to use a profile picture from another account, you can find it in the Profile Pictures folder.
Adjust the placement and zoom of the picture to your liking, and then tap Crop .