- Music + Videos Hub
- Play music, videos, and podcasts
- Sync music, pictures, and videos
- Get music, videos, and podcasts from Marketplace
- Music and video FAQ
- Listen to FM radio
- Delete music, videos, and podcasts
- Find the Windows Live ID I used to create my Zune tag
- Create a playlist
- Subscribe to podcasts
- Sync and get updates with my Mac
Delete music, videos, and podcasts
There are two ways to delete music, videos, or podcasts from your phone:
- By tapping and holding an item on your phone.
- By using the Zune software on your PC.
To delete music, videos, and podcasts (phone method)
On Start, tap Music + Videos.
Flick to Zune, tap Music, Videos, or Podcasts.
Tap and hold the item that you want to remove (for example, a song or album), tap Delete, and then tap Yes.
To delete music, videos, and podcasts (PC method)
Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with your phone.
If the Zune software is installed on your computer, the program will start automatically. If it isn't installed on your computer, see Install the Zune software.
In the Zune software, click Phone, and then click Music, Videos, or Podcasts.
Right-click the item or items that you want to remove (for example, a song, album, or artist), and then click Delete from (phone name).
- You won't be able to manage podcast subscriptions on your phone or watch video podcasts if your phone has 256 MB of RAM. To see how much memory your phone has, go to Settings > About.
- Deleting an item from your phone doesn't delete it from your computer. Items that you delete from your phone are automatically skipped during future syncs with the Zune software.
To delete all synced music, videos, pictures, and podcasts from your phone at once, connect your phone to your computer. Then, in the Zune software, click Settings > Phone > Sync Options > Erase All Content.