- Which version of Windows Phone do I have?
- How do I update my phone software?
- Phone updates FAQ
- Copy and paste
- Switch between apps
- What do the icons on my phone mean?
- Tips to help keep my phone secure
- Accessibility on my phone
- Lock screen
- Use Speech on my phone
- Find a lost phone
- My Phone FAQ
- How can I minimize my data usage?
- Battery: making it last
- SD cards and my phone
- Use a PIN to lock my SIM card
- Privacy resources
- Feature and service availability
Troubleshoot phone update errors
If you encounter any issues while updating your Windows Phone to the latest software version, we have a variety of resources to assist you.
We recommend using the Installing or updating your Windows Phone 7 software wizard first. It provides step-by-step instructions to resolve some of the most common problems.
The following topics provide information similar to Installing or updating your Windows Phone 7 software, but in a more narrative format.
- 801812C1: A driver for my phone needs to be updated
- C1010007 and 800704C7: The Zune software doesn't recognize my phone, or stops the update in the middle
- 801811A5: My computer can't connect to Windows Phone Update
- 80181197: Make room on my computer for phone updates
- 801811A3: There's a problem with the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
- 800705B4: The update times out and doesn't complete successfully
- Make room on my phone to update it
- My battery is too low to update my phone
- Correct my date and time to update my phone
- Samsung Omnia 7 reboot loop issue when updating from 7390 to 7392
- HTC TITAN software update errors (80070013 and 8007000F)
If you don't see a solution to your problem in the topics above, try working through Installing and troubleshooting problems during the software update for Windows Phone 7.
If that doesn't help, try restoring your phone to its previous state with the backup that was made during the update process. For more info, see Restore a backup to my phone.
If you need additional help, see the Windows Phone Support site.