- Which version of Windows Phone do I have?
- How do I update my phone software?
- Phone updates FAQ
- Copy and paste
- Switch between apps
- What do the icons on my phone mean?
- Tips to help keep my phone secure
- Accessibility on my phone
- Lock screen
- Use Speech on my phone
- Find a lost phone
- My Phone FAQ
- How can I minimize my data usage?
- Battery: making it last
- SD cards and my phone
- Use a PIN to lock my SIM card
- Privacy resources
- Feature and service availability
Make room on my phone to update it
You might need to free up some space on your phone if there isn't enough room to install a software update. You can make room by using the Zune software to temporarily remove some files from your phone, such as music, videos, apps, or pictures.
For example, in the Zune software, you can go to Settings > Phone > Sync Options to modify what gets synced to your phone, and you can go to Settings > Phone > Reserved Space to modify the amount of space that Zune reserves on your phone for synced content. For more information, see Sync music, pictures, and videos.
If you need additional help, see the Windows Phone Support site.