- Which version of Windows Phone do I have?
- How do I update my phone software?
- Phone updates FAQ
- Copy and paste
- Switch between apps
- What do the icons on my phone mean?
- Tips to help keep my phone secure
- Accessibility on my phone
- Lock screen
- Use Speech on my phone
- Find a lost phone
- My Phone FAQ
- How can I minimize my data usage?
- Battery: making it last
- SD cards and my phone
- Use a PIN to lock my SIM card
- Privacy resources
- Feature and service availability
Correct my date and time to update my phone
If you're having trouble installing a Windows Phone update, your phone might not be set to the correct date and time. In most cases, your phone's date and time is set automatically by your mobile operator. If it's not, you can set it manually. Here's how.
Disconnect your phone from your computer.
On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Settings .
Turn off Set automatically.
Set the correct values for Time zone, Date, and Time.
Reconnect your phone to your computer, and then try updating your phone again.