Marketplace is Microsoft's virtual shop where you can get applications, games, music, films, TV programmes and podcasts for your phone.
If you're looking for applications and games, you can browse and shop Marketplace from two convenient places:
- Your phone (just tap Marketplace on Start)
- The Windows Phone Store on the web
If you're looking for music, videos or podcasts, check out the Zune Marketplace from your PC in the Zune software. (You can also get music and podcasts from the Marketplace Hub on your phone.)
The following topics cover the different ways to use or access Marketplace:
- Getting applications from Marketplace
- Getting music, videos and podcasts from Marketplace
- Downloading applications and games FAQ
- Getting to know the Zune software
- You need Windows Phone 7.5 to download applications. If you're not sure which software version is currently installed on your phone or how to install an update, visit Update central.
- You won't be able to manage podcast subscriptions on your phone or watch video podcasts if your phone has 256 MB of RAM. To find out how much memory your phone has, on Start, flick left, press Settings, then press About.
- Marketplace may not be available in your country or region.