- People Hub
- Creating and editing your contacts
- Importing contacts from your old phone
- Importing contacts onto your new phone
- Synchronising contacts and calendars from Outlook on your PC to your phone
- Using your Microsoft account to sync contacts to the cloud
- Finding and filtering your contacts
- Copying your iPhone contacts and calendars to your Windows Phone
- Using Rooms and Groups
- Rooms and Groups FAQ
- Setting up Kid's Corner
- Posting to social networks
- Using the Me Card to stay in touch
The People Hub on Windows Phone is more than just a digital address book. It helps you connect and stay in touch with the people you care about – while cutting through clutter to show you the information that really matters.
Here's a quick rundown of the different sections of your People Hub.
- Contacts – Tap a name to call, text, chat, email or see social updates. To make the list more manageable, set filters – just tap Showing at the top of the list. You'll always be able to find filtered contacts by searching.
- What's new – Here's where you can see all of your contacts' latest updates, pulled together from social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Preparing yourself for an avalanche of posts, tweets and pics? Not to worry – tap Showing, and you can choose what info you see.
- Rooms and Groups – Get to your Rooms and Groups and create new ones from here. Tap into a room to start a chat or view the calendar, notes or photo album. Or open up a group to see what's new with the members or send them a quick group email or text.
If you pin a contact, room or group to Start, its Live Tile will show new updates and messages.