- Music + Videos Hub
- Getting music and podcasts from the Windows Phone Store
- Synchronising music, ringtones and podcasts using your computer
- Synchronising music FAQ
- Synchronising with your Mac
- Copying your iTunes music to your phone
- Playing music, videos and podcasts
- Music and videos FAQ
- Creating a playlist
- Deleting music, videos and podcasts
- Listening to FM radio
- What song is this?
- Using Xbox Music on your phone
- Stopping your screen from rotating
Getting music and podcasts from the Store
Xbox Music Store and Windows Phone Store are where you'll find great music, podcasts and more. Some things are free to play, download or sample. Other items are available to buy or stream.
For the best music experience in Xbox music, consider subscribing to an Xbox Music Pass. For a monthly fee, subscribers can download and stream an unlimited number of songs to their phone, Xbox 360 and PC. The Xbox Music Pass also allows you to take full advantage of your cloud collection – a virtual record bin that you can listen to on your phone without actually downloading or storing music.
For more information about Xbox Music and your cloud collection, see Using Xbox Music on my phone.
To download or stream music to your phone
On Start , tap Music + Videos .
Flick to Xbox then tap Xbox Music Store.
Flick left or right, browse through the available genres, or tap Search and type a song title, album title or artist's name.
When you find the music you're looking for, tap it, then do one of the following:
- To buy and download a song or album, tap and hold it, tap Buy, then tap Buy.
- To download a song or album without buying it, tap it, then tap Download. (Xbox Music Pass subscription required.)
- To play a song or album without downloading it (that is, to stream it), tap Play . (Xbox Music Pass subscription required to play entire songs.)
To download songs from your cloud collection
If you have an Xbox Music Pass that you use on your computer or you've previously purchased songs from the Xbox Music Store or the Zune Marketplace, then you have songs in your cloud collection that you can download to your phone. You can choose the songs that you want and then download your selections all at once.
On Start , tap Music + Videos .
Flick to Collection, then tap Music.
Do one of the following:
- Flick to Albums or Playlists, then tap the album or playlist that contains songs that you want to download.
- Flick to Songs.
Tap the Select button, select the songs you to want to download, then tap the Download button.
- Songs in your cloud collection have streaming icons next to them.
- For more information about Xbox Music, see Using Xbox Music on your phone.
To download an audio or video podcast on your phone
On Start , tap Store , then tap podcasts.
Flick left or right, browse through the available categories or tap Search and type the name of a podcast.
When you find the podcast you're looking for, tap it, then do one of the following:
- To read its description, flick to Overview.
- To download just one episode, tap and hold it, then tap Download.
- To subscribe to the series, tap Subscribe, choose the settings you'd like, then tap Confirm.
When you subscribe to a podcast series, new episodes download automatically while your phone is charging. By default, podcasts download over a WiFi connection. You can allow podcasts to be downloaded over your mobile data connection, but your mobile operator may charge you extra for data usage.
- To learn more about Xbox Music Pass and see if it's available in your country or region, go to Xbox.com.
- Subscribing to podcasts on your phone is only available in the United States at this time.
- Xbox Music Store is not available in all locations or languages. Store content may also vary by market: not all items are available for purchase, rental, download or streaming.