- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Starting from the beginning
- Getting connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds and volume
- Adding or creating ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start and Search
- Changing the accent colour or background theme
Windows Phone 7.8
Windows Phone 7.8 is an update for Windows Phone 7.5 phones. It includes some great new features to make your phone easier and more fun to use. See how to get the update.
Windows Phone 7.8 features
A fresh Start. Resize your Live Tiles – small, medium or large – for a fully customisable Start screen. Large Tiles provide more info, like the text of new messages or details on appointments. Small ones make it easy to tap and go.
20 colours. There's now double the choice of accent colours to jazz up your phone – at least 20, from red and yellow to indigo and steel. The colour you choose will show up on Start and all around your phone.
Lock screen love. Get transported to exotic locales with a gorgeous new lock screen image from Bing – each and every day.
- The Windows Phone 7.8 update is not available in all markets or for all phones.
- Some features may work differently or not at all if your phone has 256 MB of RAM. To find out how much memory your phone has, on Start, flick left, press Settings, then press About. For more information, contact your mobile operator.
- Some features might not be available in your country or region. For more information, see Feature and service availability.