- Touring the Windows Phone Store
- Getting apps from Windows Phone Store
- Deleting or reinstalling apps
- Downloading apps and games FAQ
- How do I install apps from an SD card?
- Games on your Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Getting suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Setting up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Setting up the Facebook app
- Setting up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Using Speech on your phone
- Using Internet Explorer
- Changing privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Synchronising documents using your computer
- Synchronising documents with OneDrive
- Using OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scanning codes and text
- Using maps
- Getting directions
- Sharing apps with Apps Corner
- Location awareness and your phone
Deleting or reinstalling apps
Deleting an app or game removes it from your phone and frees up space. It also removes any information it may have contained – such as notes in an app or saved files for a game. So you should remove apps and games with care.
To delete an app or game
In the App list, tap and hold an app or game, then tap Uninstall.
When asked for confirmation, tap Yes.
If you're using Windows Phone 8 and you want to delete a game, go to Games , tap and hold a game you that want to delete, then tap Uninstall.
To reinstall apps from your phone
If you accidentally delete an app, or ever have to replace your phone, you can reinstall apps or games you've bought without paying for them again (as long as they're still available in the Windows Phone Store).
On Start , tap Store .
Tap Search to find the app or game you want to reinstall.
To see what apps and games you've previously installed on your phone, go to Store > More > My apps.
Xbox and Windows Phone Store may not be available in your country or region.