- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Starting from the beginning
- Getting connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds and volume
- Adding or creating ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start and Search
- Changing the accent colour or background theme
Moving or unpinning a Tile on Start
To move a Tile
Tap and hold the Tile you want to move until it pops into the foreground.
Push the Tile where you want it to go.
When you've finished moving Tiles, press the Start button.
If you want to move a Tile to a spot that already has a Tile, the original will be moved out of the way. If there's no empty space nearby, your phone will create a gap to make room for it. You can keep rearranging until all of your Tiles are where you want them.
To resize a Tile
Press and hold the Tile you want to change to a different size.
Press the Resize arrow until the Tile changes to the size you want.
When you've finished, press the Start button.
To unpin a Tile
Tap and hold the Tile you want to remove from Start.
Tap Unpin .
If you change your mind, you can always pin a Tile again later. To learn how, see Pinning things to Start.