Windows Phone app for desktop
Synchronising with your PC
Install or upgrade to the new and improved Windows Phone app for desktop to sync music, photos, videos and more with your PC.
To install the Windows Phone app for desktop, you'll need:
• A PC running Windows 7 or Windows 8
• Windows Phone 8
* The Windows Phone app for desktop won't work on Windows RT.
How-to and support
For community-based technical support, ask a question at Microsoft Community.
The Windows Phone app for Windows desktop makes it easy to:
• Sync music, photos, films, TV programmes and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library or your Windows Libraries to your Windows Phone 8.*
• Automatically import pictures and videos you've taken with your phone to your PC.
• See at a glance how much space you're using for each type of content, so it's easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
• Get your playlists on your phone.
• Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone.
* Some protected (DRM) media files can't be copied between your PC and your Windows Phone.
|Do you have a Mac?|
Windows Phone app for desktop doesn't run on Macs. If you have a Mac, get the Windows Phone app for Mac instead.
Already using the beta version?
Download now to uninstall the old version of Windows Phone app for desktop and install the new and improved version.
Learn about the different synchronisation apps