- Windows Phone 7.8
- Windows Phone tips + tricks
- Windows Live ID
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Starting from the beginning
- Getting connected
- Account setup
- Ringtones, sounds and volume
- Adding or creating ringtones
- Gestures: flick, pan and stretch
- The three buttons: Back, Start and Search
- Changing the accent colour or background theme
What's Flight mode?
Airlines often require that you turn off your phone during flights. Flight mode is a setting on your phone that lets you turn off the mobile network, WiFi, FM radio and Bluetooth connections on your phone simultaneously. This way you can use other apps (including ones that let you listen to music or watch videos that are on your phone) that don't require a mobile connection. While you're in Flight mode, you can still use your FM radio and turn on WiFi and Bluetooth separately. The mobile connection remains switched off until you turn Flight mode off.
To turn Flight mode on or off
On Start, flick left to the App list, and tap Settings .
Tap Flight mode, then turn it on or off.