- Use Internet Explorer
- Search the web
- Scan codes, tags, and text
- How can I get suggestions on my phone?
- What suggestions will I see?
- Change my privacy and other Internet Explorer settings
- Location awareness and my phone
- Use maps
- Download maps
- Get directions
- Local Scout
- Browse for news
- What song is this?
Search the web
The Search button on your Windows Phone is your one stop for finding stuff on the web. Search for something the conventional way, or flick left or right to explore popular videos, headlines, deals, and more.
To find something on the web
Press the Search button.
Tap the Search box, and then type a word or phrase.
Tap Go .
- You can also search the web in Internet Explorer by typing your search term in the address bar.
- In the search results, you can narrow or broaden your search results by flicking to Web, Local, Media, or Shopping.
- Under Web, you can scroll down to see different kinds of results that may appear for different searches, such as news, web results, related searches, apps, products, a flight status, weather, sports scores, stock quotes, a location, or movies.
- Some things you search for might have a related app that can help you out. In these cases, the app will appear in your search results—just tap it to download.
- Did you know you can search by voice? Tap the microphone icon next to the Search box, and say your search term.