- Get started
- What's new in Windows Phone 8
- 3 buttons: Back, Start, and Search
- Get connected
- Everything goes back to Start
- Microsoft account
- Sync my Windows Phone
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Recommended settings during phone setup
- Use Data Sense to track data usage
- Moving from Android or iPhone to Windows Phone
- Tips and tricks
- Places to try tapping and holding
- Gestures: flick, pan, and stretch
- How-to videos
Let's get started
We think you'll love using your new Windows Phone. Here's some info to help you get the hang of it.
Make a call
Find out how to make and receive phone calls.
Send a message
Learn how to send a text or chat.
Add your contacts
See how to create and edit contacts.
Shop the Store
Find out how to get apps and games from the Windows Phone Store.
Find your apps and games
Check the App list to find your apps and games.
Pin things to Start
Learn how to pin things to Start, like your apps, games, and contacts.
Need more info on how to get things done? Just press the Start button, flick left to the App list, and then tap Help + Tips.