- Get started
- What's new in Windows Phone 8
- 3 buttons: Back, Start, and Search
- Get connected
- Everything goes back to Start
- Microsoft account
- Sync my Windows Phone
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Recommended settings during phone setup
- Use Data Sense to track data usage
- Moving from Android or iPhone to Windows Phone
- Tips and tricks
- Places to try tapping and holding
- Gestures: flick, pan, and stretch
- How-to videos
We've been waiting for you
- On the Start screen, flick left to see your installed apps. Learn more.
- Pin things to the Start screen to get quick access to people, apps, and other items. Learn more.
- Press the Search button to find stuff on the web fast. Learn more.
- Sync music and other stuff between your computer and your phone. Learn more.
- Back up your phone so you won't lose anything important. Learn more.
- Set up Kid's Corner, where your kids can play games, videos, music, or apps from their own Start screen. Learn more.
- Use a lock screen password to help keep your phone secure. Learn more.
For more great timesavers, see Windows Phone tips and tricks.
Try the Help+Tips app
Press the Start button, flick left to the App list, and then tap Help + Tips.