- Everything goes back to Start
- Personalize my Start screen and theme color
- Move or unpin a Tile on Start
- Pin apps to Start
- Where's the App list?
- Create folders on my Start screen
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Add ringtones to my phone
- Set alarms on my phone
- Change date and time
- Personalize my lock screen
- Locked phone: things it can still do
- Lock screen FAQ
- Typing shortcuts
- Keyboard tips
- Change keyboard language
- Back up my stuff
- Restore a backup to my phone
- Storage on my phone
- "Other" phone storage FAQ
- Accessibility on my phone
- Use my phone with a TTY
- Use Narrator on my phone
- My Phone FAQ
- Find a lost phone
- Reset my phone
- Notifications and quick actions
- Use quick actions on my phone
- Change notification settings
- View or dismiss notification banners
- Sync my Windows Phone settings
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Stop my screen from rotating
Pin apps to Start
On Windows Phone, you can pin just about anything you want to your Start screen—apps, albums, map locations, favorite websites, OneNote notes, contacts, and a lot more. When you pin a contact to Start, you'll get all of that person's feed updates right from their Tile, and you can call them with just two taps. Tons of other apps and websites also come with Live Tile support, so you don't even have to open an app to see notifications or other real time info.
To pin most things to Start
You can pin any of the following items to Start by tapping and holding, then tapping Pin to start.
- Apps or games from the App list
- Photo albums from the Photos Hub
- Office files or places
- OneNote notes
- Email folders
- If you'd like to move a Tile somewhere else on Start, tap and hold the Tile, and then move it wherever you'd like.
- To remove a Tile, tap and hold it, and then tap Unpin .
- To resize a Tile, tap and hold it, and then tap Resize until the Tile changes to the size you want.
To pin a contact or Group
On Start , tap People , and then swipe over to Contacts for contacts, or Rooms and Groups for Groups.
Do one of the following:
- Tap and hold the contact or Group you want to pin, and then tap Pin to start.
- Tap the contact or Group you want to pin, and then tap Pin .
To pin a website
In Internet Explorer , open the website you want to pin.
Tap More , and then tap Pin to start.
To pin a map location
In the App list, tap Maps .
Do one of the following:
- Tap Search , type the location you want to find, tap the flag that identifies the location, and then tap Pin .
- Tap More , tap Favorite places, tap a location you've saved to your favorites, and then tap Pin .
To pin your Favorites photo album
On Start , tap Photos .
Swipe over to Favorites, tap More , and then tap Pin to start.
To pin a folder from an email inbox
Open the account that has the folder you want to pin.
Tap More > Folders.
Tap Show all folders, tap and hold a folder, and then tap Pin to start.