- Everything goes back to Start
- Personalize my Start screen and theme color
- Move or unpin a Tile on Start
- Pin apps to Start
- Where's the App list?
- Create folders on my Start screen
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Add ringtones to my phone
- Set alarms on my phone
- Personalize my lock screen
- Locked phone: things it can still do
- Lock screen FAQ
- Typing shortcuts
- Keyboard tips
- Change keyboard language
- Back up my stuff
- Restore a backup to my phone
- Storage on my phone
- "Other" phone storage FAQ
- Accessibility on my phone
- Use my phone with a TTY
- Use Narrator on my phone
- My Phone FAQ
- Find a lost phone
- Reset my phone
- Notifications and quick actions
- Use quick actions on my phone
- Change notification settings
- View or dismiss notification banners
- Sync my Windows Phone settings
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Stop my screen from rotating
Move or unpin a Tile on Start
On Windows Phone, the Start screen is all about you. Apps, games, documents, and just about anything else you care about can be added to Start as a Tile, and then resized to take up as much or as little space as you want. You can even group your Tiles into folders, which can help you keep your Start screen and your favorite apps organized. Any apps or settings you don’t use as often can be removed from Start, but still can be found later in the App list.
To move a Tile
Tap and hold the Tile you want to move until it pops into the foreground.
Push the Tile where you want it to go.
When you're done moving Tiles, press the Start button.
If you move a Tile to a spot that already has a Tile, the original will move out of the way. If there's no empty space nearby, your phone will create a gap to make room for the Tile. You can keep rearranging until all your Tiles are where you want them.
To resize a Tile
Tap and hold the Tile you want to change to a different size.
Tap Resize until the Tile changes to the size you want.
When you're done, press the Start button.
To unpin a Tile
Tap and hold the Tile you want to remove from Start.
Tap Unpin .
If you change your mind, you can always pin the item to Start again later.