- Everything goes back to Start
- Personalize my Start screen and theme color
- Move or unpin a Tile on Start
- Pin apps to Start
- Where's the App list?
- Create folders on my Start screen
- Ringtones, sounds, and volume
- Add ringtones to my phone
- Set alarms on my phone
- Change date and time
- Personalize my lock screen
- Locked phone: things it can still do
- Lock screen FAQ
- Typing shortcuts
- Keyboard tips
- Change keyboard language
- Back up my stuff
- Restore a backup to my phone
- Storage on my phone
- "Other" phone storage FAQ
- Accessibility on my phone
- Use my phone with a TTY
- Use Narrator on my phone
- My Phone FAQ
- Find a lost phone
- Reset my phone
- Notifications and quick actions
- Use quick actions on my phone
- Change notification settings
- View or dismiss notification banners
- Sync my Windows Phone settings
- Recommended settings in phone setup
- Stop my screen from rotating
Change keyboard language
Your Windows Phone lets you choose from a wide variety of languages, regions, and layouts for your keyboard so you can easily type with the characters, symbols, and abbreviations you use every day. Your phone also offers text suggestions and spelling corrections based on the language you choose.
In the App list, tap Settings > Keyboard.
Tap Add keyboards , select all the languages you'd like to be able to use from your keyboard, and then tap Done . (To remove a language, tap and hold the language in the list of languages you've already added, and then tap Remove.)
The next time you use your keyboard, you'll see a button on the bottom row of keys that shows the current keyboard language.
Tap the button to switch to any of the languages you've selected. For example, if you usually use a US English keyboard, tap the ENG button, and the keyboard switches to the next language you've added. You can also tap and hold the button to reveal all the languages you've added and then tap the one you want.
- Text suggestions aren't available for all keyboard languages. To learn more, see Feature and service availability.
- You'll need to download text suggestions functionality for some keyboard languages. In the list of languages under Add keyboards, tap the language you want to download. The size of the download is listed next to the language.