Save or delete a photo or video
Once you save a photo to your phone, you can crop, rotate, or auto-fix it, right in the Photos Hub. You can also make it a favorite, sync it to your PC or Mac, or share it to your social networks. You can share and sync your videos, too. To learn more, see Take, edit, and share photos and videos and Sync photos and videos using my computer.
To save a photo or video you've taken with your phone
Any photo or video you take with your phone's camera is automatically saved to the Camera Roll in the Photos Hub. To find the Camera Roll, on Start , tap Photos , and then flick left or right until you see it.
To save a photo you've received in an email
From your email app, open an email message with a photo you want to save.
Tap the photo to download it. You'll see the progress of the download at the top of the screen.
When the download is finished, tap the photo again to open it.
Tap More (or tap and hold the photo), and then tap Save to phone. To find the photo, go to Photos > Albums > Saved Pictures.
- To learn how to save a photo from a text message, see Save a photo from a message.
- You can watch a video you find online or receive in an email, but you can't save it to your phone.
To save a picture from a webpage
Open a webpage and find a picture you want to keep.
Tap and hold the picture, and then tap Save picture. To find it, go to Photos > Albums > Saved Pictures.
To save a photo from a social network
On Start , tap Photos .
Find an online album and tap to open it, and then tap a photo to open it.
Tap More (or tap and hold the picture), and then tap Save to phone. To find the photo, go to Photos > Albums > Saved Pictures.
To delete photos or videos
On Start , tap Photos , then do one of the following:
- Tap and hold a photo or video within an album or in Date view, and then tap Delete.
- Tap a photo or video to open it, tap More , and then tap Delete.
- To delete multiple photos at once, tap an album, and then tap Select . Tap the photos you want to delete, and then tap Delete .
- You can use your phone to delete photos or videos from a SkyDrive album, but not from a Facebook album. If you delete a photo or video from a SkyDrive album on your phone, it will also be deleted from the album online.
- The Select button can only be used to delete photos (not videos), and it only appears in albums that are saved on your phone. You'll need to delete photos from SkyDrive albums individually.
- To delete an album, tap Albums, tap and hold an album, tap Delete, and then tap Delete again.
- You can also delete photos and videos using the Windows Phone app on your computer. For more info, see Sync photos and videos using my computer.