Save or delete a photo or video
Once you save a photo to your Windows Phone, you can crop, rotate, or auto-fix it, right in the Photos Hub. You can also make it a favorite, sync it to your PC or Mac, or share it to your social networks. You can share and sync your videos, too. And most importantly, you can use those photos to make your phone all about you.
To save a photo or video you've taken with your phone
The photos and videos you take with your phone's camera are automatically saved in the Photos app and sorted by date. To find them, on Start , tap Photos .
To save a photo you've received in an email
From your email app, open an email message with a photo you want to save.
Tap the photo to download it. You'll see the progress of the download at the top of the screen.
When the download is finished, tap the photo again to open it.
Tap Save (or tap and hold the photo), and then tap Save. To find the photo, go to Photos . From Photos, you can also swipe over to Albums > Saved Pictures to see only your saved photos.
You can watch a video you find online or receive in an email, but you can't save it to your phone.
To save a photo you've received in a message
From Messaging, open a text message with a photo you want to save.
Tap the photo to open it, and then tap Save .
To save a picture from a webpage
Open a webpage and find a picture you want to keep.
Tap and hold the picture, and then tap Save picture. To find it, go to Photos . From Photos, you can also swipe over to Albums > Saved Pictures to see only your saved photos.
To save a photo from a social network
On Start , tap Photos and then swipe over to Albums.
Find an online album and tap to open it, and then tap a photo to open it.
Save . To find the photo, go to Photos. From Photos, you can also swipe over to Albums > Saved Pictures to see only your saved photos.
To delete photos or videos
On Start , tap Photos , then do one of the following:
- Tap and hold a photo or video within an album or in the Camera roll, and then tap Delete.
- Tap a photo or video to open it, and then tap Delete .
- To delete multiple photos at once, tap an album, and then tap Select . Tap the photos you want to delete, and then tap Delete .
- You can use the Photos app to delete photos or videos from a OneDrive album, but not from a Facebook album. If you delete a photo or video from a OneDrive album on your phone, it will also be deleted from the album online.
- You can only use the Select button to delete photos (not videos), and it only appears in albums that are saved on your phone. You'll need to delete photos from OneDrive albums individually.
- To delete an album, swipe to Albums, tap and hold an album, tap Delete, and then tap Delete again. (You can delete the photos in your Camera Roll, but not the Camera Roll album itself.)
- You can also delete photos and videos using the Windows Phone app on your computer. For more info, see Sync photos and videos using my computer.