In the Photos Hub, you can flip through photos you've taken on your phone, browse through your online albums, or catch up with your friends' latest snapshots.
- Photo collection – View your photos and videos by album or date, or see what's on the camera roll. Tap People to see your friends' photos, and tap and hold an album—yours or someone else's—to pin it to Start.
- Favorites – Flick to Favorites to see a rotating showcase of pictures you've tagged as favorites. To pin your favorites to Start, tap See all, tap More , and then tap Pin to start. To learn more, see Personalize my phone with my photos.
- What's new – Here you'll find the latest photos your friends have uploaded to social networks. Tap All accounts to change which social networks are represented here, or tap a photo to post a comment, tag a face, and more.
- Apps – Want to add a quick photo effect? No need to exit the Photos Hub—your photo apps will show up right here. (Developers have to enable this for their apps, so you might not see every photo app you've got.)
- Hub background – There are two ways to change the background image in the Photos Hub—you can choose a single picture (tap More > Choose background), or shuffle a selection of your favorites (tap More > Shuffle background). Whichever you choose will show up on the Photos Tile on Start, too.
In addition to taking photos, you can also sync photos and videos with your computer.