Use Lync on my phone
Stay in touch with your coworkers when you’re away from your desk using Microsoft Lync 2010 for Windows Phone. It lets you do a lot of the things you can do with Microsoft Lync 2010 on your computer—send an instant message (IM), set your availability status, see other people's status, or make a phone call—right on your phone.
Along with a Windows Phone, here's what you'll need to get started:
- Lync 2010 for Windows Phone (download from the Store).
- A Microsoft Office 365 plan that includes Lync Online, or a Microsoft Exchange email account for work that lets you sign in to a Microsoft Lync Server 2010.
- A cellular data or Wi-Fi connection on your phone.
- To make phone calls, you must have an account with a mobile phone operator, as well as a working cellular signal in your current location.
- For more detailed info about using Lync 2010 for Windows Phone, see the Online Help on the Microsoft Office website.
To sign in to Lync on your phone
Download and install Lync from the Store (if you haven’t already).
In the App list, tap Lync 2010 .
In the Sign-in address box, type the email address you use to sign in to Lync on your computer, type your password in the corresponding box, and then tap Sign in .
Tap Next , enter your mobile phone number on the Set up work calls screen, tap Next , and then tap Next again.
To see notifications when people are trying to get in touch with you on Lync, on the Turn on Lync push notifications? screen, tap Turn on .
To set your status
Flick to My info and tap your current availability status.
On Set your status, tap a status.
To add a short personal note, tap What’s happening today?, type a short note, and then tap Done .
To start an instant message (IM) conversation
Flick to Contacts, tap the contact’s name, and then tap Send IM.
Type your message, and then tap Send .
To invite someone else to join the conversation, tap More > Invite, and then tap another contact or type a person's name to search in your company directory.
- The contacts you see in Lync on your phone will be the same ones you see in Lync on your computer.
- To view a conversation you've had on your phone, flick to Conversations, and then tap the conversation you want to view. To delete it, tap More > Delete conversation.
To call someone
Flick to Contacts, tap the contact’s name, and then tap Call work.
To call someone by dialing a phone number instead, flick to Contacts, tap Keypad , enter a phone number, and then tap Call .