Sync documents with SkyDrive
With Microsoft SkyDrive, you can get to your documents from virtually anywhere. Start working on a document on your computer, and then continue on your phone. Or you can do it the other way around. To get started on your phone, sign in with your Microsoft account, and then go to the Office Hub.
To sync documents from SkyDrive to your phone
On your phone, sign in with a Microsoft account.
In the App list, tap Office .
You'll see that your SkyDrive has been added to Places. Flick to Recent to see documents on SkyDrive that you've recently opened from somewhere else. Other documents you've recently opened on your phone will appear there too.
To open a document, do either of the following:
- Flick to Places, tap SkyDrive, tap a folder, and then tap a document or notebook to open it.
- Flick to Recent, and then tap a document.
If you don't see the file you're looking for on SkyDrive, you can do any of the following in the Office Hub to search for it:
- To search for a document, flick to Places or Recent, tap Search, and then start typing the file name. Tap the one you're interested in to open and edit it.
- To search for a particular note, flick to Places, tap SkyDrive, and then tap a notebook to open it in Microsoft OneNote Mobile. In OneNote, tap Search, and then type a notebook name, section name, page title, or a word or two that might appear in a note. Tap Enter , and then tap a notebook, section, or page to open it.
- On SkyDrive, you can access both your own Office files and those that other people have shared with you.
- When you save changes to a file that's on SkyDrive, the changes are saved to SkyDrive.
- A OneNote notebook that's larger than 50 megabytes (MB) can't be synced to SkyDrive.
To save an existing document to SkyDrive
If you already have a document on your phone, opened from email on your phone, or on a Microsoft SharePoint or SharePoint Online site, you can save it to SkyDrive from your phone.
In the Office Hub, flick to Places, and then tap the place that the document is in.
Tap and hold the document, tap Save to > SkyDrive.
To save a new document to SkyDrive
In the Office Hub, flick to Recent, tap New > Word or Excel.
Add the content you want, then tap More > Save.
Type a name in the File name box, and then tap the Save to list > SkyDrive > Save.