- Music + Videos Hub
- Get music and podcasts from the Windows Phone Store
- Sync music, ringtones, and podcasts using my computer
- Syncing music FAQ
- Sync with my Mac
- Copy my iTunes music to my phone
- Play music, videos, and podcasts
- Music and videos FAQ
- Create a playlist
- Delete music, videos, and podcasts
- What song is this?
- Use Xbox Music on my phone
Get music and podcasts from the Store
Xbox Music Store and Windows Phone Store are where you'll find great music, podcasts, and more. Some stuff is free to play, download, or sample. Other items are available to buy or stream.
For the best music experience in Xbox music, consider subscribing to an Xbox Music Pass. For a monthly fee, subscribers can download and stream an unlimited number of songs to their phone, Xbox 360, and PC. The Xbox Music Pass also allows you to create a Cloud collection—a virtual record bin that you can listen to on your phone without actually downloading or storing music.
To download or stream music to your phone
On Start , tap Music + Videos .
Flick to Xbox and then tap Xbox Music Store.
Flick left or right, browse through the available genres, or tap Search and type a song title, album title, or artist name.
When you find the music you're looking for, tap it, and then do one of the following:
- To buy and download a song or album, tap and hold it, tap Buy, and then tap Buy.
- To download a song or album without buying it, tap it, and then tap Download. (Xbox Music Pass subscription required.)
- To play a song or album without downloading it (that is, to stream it), tap Play . (Xbox Music Pass subscription required to play entire songs.)
To download an audio or video podcast on your phone
On Start , tap Store , and then tap podcasts.
Flick left or right, browse through the available categories, or tap Search and type the name of a podcast.
When you find the podcast you're looking for, tap it, and then do one of the following:
- To read its description, flick to Overview.
- To download just one episode, tap and hold it, and then tap Download.
- To subscribe to the series, tap Subscribe, choose the settings you'd like, then tap Confirm.
When you subscribe to a podcast series, new episodes download automatically while your phone is charging. By default, podcasts download over a Wi-Fi connection. You can allow podcasts to be downloaded over your cellular data connection, but your mobile operator may charge you extra for data usage.
- To learn more about Xbox Music Pass and see if it's available in your country or region, go to Xbox.com.
- Subscribing to podcasts on your phone is only available in the United States at this time.
- Xbox Music Store is not available in all locations or languages. Store content may also vary by market: not all items are available for purchase, rental, download, or streaming.