- Music + Videos Hub
- Get music and podcasts from the Windows Phone Store
- Sync music, ringtones, and podcasts using my computer
- Syncing music FAQ
- Sync with my Mac
- Copy my iTunes music to my phone
- Play music, videos, and podcasts
- Music and videos FAQ
- Create a playlist
- Delete music, videos, and podcasts
- Listen to FM radio
- What song is this?
- Use Xbox Music on my phone
- Stop my screen from rotating
Delete music, videos, and podcasts
There are two ways to delete music, videos, or podcasts from your phone:
- By tapping and holding an item on your phone.
- By using a Windows Phone app on your PC. For more information about Windows Phone apps, see Sync music, ringtones, and podcasts using my computer.
To delete music, videos, and podcasts (phone method)
On Start , tap Music + Videos .
Flick to Collection, then tap Music, Videos, or Podcasts.
Tap and hold the item that you want to remove (for example, a song), tap Delete, and then tap Yes.
To delete music, videos, and podcasts (PC method)
Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with your phone.
If the Windows Phone app for desktop is installed on your computer, the program will start automatically. If you don't have the app, download and install it on your desktop.
In the app, click Phone, and then click Music, Videos, or Podcasts.
Select songs, videos, or podcasts, and then click Delete.
- Deleting an item from your phone doesn't delete it from your computer.