Windows Phone makes it simple for you to keep track of your events, schedule meetings, and even see events from apps on your phone.
This topic is about Windows Phone 8.1. If your phone is running Windows Phone 8, some options and icons may look a little different, and some features may not be available. For instance, if you don't have Windows Phone 8.1 installed, events will appear as appointments on your calendar. Check to see which software version you have and find out if an update is available.
Using calendar events
Creating a calendar event is as easy as blocking out a time slot—if you're in a rush, you can add the details later. An event you add on your phone will automatically sync with the account it's created in, so you'll see it anywhere else you view that calendar.
To create a new calendar event
On Start , tap Calendar > New .
Tap the Subject box to fill in a name for your event. You can also tap Location to enter info about where your event will occur, but this is optional. (Calendar can even recommend places as you enter a location for an event you've created. We'll cover more on this later on.)
Tap Date to set the date. You can tap Time to enter a time, but this is optional. (If you don't enter a time, your event will appear as an all-day event after you save it.)
Tap More details. To select the calendar you want to add the event to, tap Calendar. This is one detail you can't change later. Here are some of the other things you can do when you tap More details:
- To make this a recurring event, tap Occurs.
- To invite other people, tap Add someone (you'll only be able to add people who are contacts on your phone).
- If you have a shared calendar that other people have permission to view (for example, your work calendar), you can select the Private check box to keep the details of your event private.
Tap Save to save the event in your calendar and send meeting requests to any people you've invited.
To change or delete a calendar event
On Start , tap Calendar.
Tap the event you want to change or delete, and then do one of the following:
- Tap Edit , change any of the event details, and then tap Save .
- Tap Delete , and then tap Delete again.
- You won't be able to change which account (such as Outlook) the event is stored in—to do that, you'll need to delete the event, then create it in the right calendar.
- To remove a canceled meeting from your calendar, open the email with the canceled meeting in your email account, tap More , and then tap Remove from calendar.
- You'll need to have the Facebook app installed on your phone to see Facebook events in your calendar.
To respond to a meeting request
On Start , tap Calendar.
Tap an event, and then do one of the following:
- To let the meeting organizer know if you're coming, tap Accept or Decline . If you'd like to send a comment with your response, tap Reply, then tap the email account you'd like to send it from. Enter your note and tap Send .
- To propose a new time, tap Respond > Propose new time.
- To tentatively accept a meeting request, tap More > Tentative.
- To change the details of the meeting, tap More > Edit.
- If you're running late, you can quickly send an email to the other people attending by opening the meeting and then tapping Late .
To show weather info
Your calendar can use your location to show you local weather info. If you opted to allow Microsoft to use your location for Calendar, we've already turned on Location services for you, and weather info will automatically appear on your calendar. To turn off weather on your calendar without turning off Location services for other apps, or to manually turn on weather, go to Calendar > More > Settings. Under Preferences, select or clear the Use my location to show the weather and suggested places check box.
- To turn on Location services, go to Settings > Location, then turn on Location services .
- Weather info for your calendar is only available on Windows Phone 8.1.