- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from Windows Phone Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- How do I install apps from an SD card?
- Games on my Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Get suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Set up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Set up the Facebook app
- Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Use Speech on my phone
- Meet Cortana
- Start using Cortana
- What can I say to Cortana?
- Cortana's Notebook
- Cortana's settings
- Favorite places and Cortana
- Find music with Cortana
- My inner circle and Cortana
- Quiet hours and Cortana
- My interests and Cortana
- Remind me, Cortana
- Use Internet Explorer
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Sync documents using my computer
- Sync documents with OneDrive
- Use OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scan codes and text
- Use maps
- Get directions
- Location awareness and my phone
Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
There are a number of different apps and tools to help you sync stuff between your Windows Phone and your computer—which ones you can use depends on the kind of computer you have.
Get advice from the wizard
To help you quickly figure out what you need to do, we've put together a wizard that can walk you through your choices. With just a few clicks, you'll pick what you want to sync and get right to the best way to make it happen. (The wizard is available in English only.)
If you can't use the wizard...
This table can also help you figure out which apps will work on your computer. To find out which app to use to sync a particular type of content, see Sync my Windows Phone.
|Windows Phone app||Windows Phone app for desktop||Windows Phone app for Mac||Windows Explorer/File Explorer|
Windows 8 RT
- If you use a Windows Phone 7 and a PC, you'll need the Zune software.
- If you connect your phone to a PC running Windows XP, your PC may mistakenly ask you to install software that isn't available. If you get this wizard, click Cancel—you don't need to install the software. You'll then be able to use Windows Explorer to move files between your phone and your computer.