- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from Windows Phone Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- Games on my Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Get suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Set up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Set up the Facebook app
- Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Use Speech on my phone
- Use Internet Explorer
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Sync documents using my computer
- Sync documents with OneDrive
- Use OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scan codes and text
- Use maps
- Get directions
- Share apps with Apps Corner
- Location awareness and my phone
Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
There are a number of different apps and tools to help you sync stuff between your Windows Phone and your computer—which ones you can use depends on the kind of computer you have. This table can help you figure out which apps will work on your computer.
To find out which app to use to sync a particular type of contenat, see Sync my Windows Phone.
|Windows Phone app||Windows Phone app for desktop||Windows Explorer/File Explorer|
Windows 8 RT
- If you use a Windows Phone 7 and a PC, you'll need the Zune software.
- If you connect your phone to a PC running Windows XP, your PC may mistakenly ask you to install software that isn't available. If you get this wizard, click Cancel—you don't need to install the software. You'll then be able to use Windows Explorer to move files between your phone and your computer.