- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from Windows Phone Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- How do I install apps from an SD card?
- Games on my Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Get suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Set up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Set up the Facebook app
- Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Use Speech on my phone
- Meet Cortana
- Start using Cortana
- What can I say to Cortana?
- Cortana's Notebook
- Cortana's settings
- Favorite places and Cortana
- Find music with Cortana
- My inner circle and Cortana
- Quiet hours and Cortana
- My interests and Cortana
- Remind me, Cortana
- Use Internet Explorer
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Sync documents using my computer
- Sync documents with OneDrive
- Use OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scan codes and text
- Use maps
- Get directions
- Location awareness and my phone
Use OneNote Mobile
Keep on top of things at home, work, or school using text, pictures, or audio in Microsoft OneNote Mobile on Windows Phone. Whether you need to pick up a few things from the grocery store on the way home, review notes from a meeting or class, or plan something, you can stay organized and get things done from your phone using OneNote.
To create a new note
In the App list, tap OneNote .
In a section or page, tap New .
If you want to enter a title, tap Enter title, and then type a title.
Tap below the title, and then type your notes.
When you're done, press the Back button twice to go back to your notes and save your changes.
If you have a Microsoft account set up on your phone, your changes will be saved in your default notebook on OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive). If there isn't a default notebook on OneDrive, a new notebook named My Notebook will be created and your notes will be saved there. To learn more, see Sync documents with OneDrive.
If you don't have a Microsoft account set up on your phone, your changes will be saved on your phone in the Quick Notes section.
- Your changes are saved automatically when you leave OneNote Mobile (for example, when you press the Back or Start button on your phone).
- If you don't type a title, the first line of text in your note will be used as the title.
You can create new notes right from your Start screen. On the OneNote screen, tap More > Pin new to start. After that, just tap the New note Tile on Start whenever you want to create a new note.
To open a note
In the App list, tap OneNote .
Tap the note to open it. If you don't see the note, do one or more of the following:
- Tap Search , type a word or two that might be in the note, and then tap Enter . Tap a page to open it.
- If you see a list of notebooks on the OneNote screen, tap the notebook that contains the note, then navigate to the note and tap to open it. The notebooks that appear can be on your phone, OneDrive, a Microsoft SharePoint 2010 (or later) site, or a SharePoint Online site, which is available with Microsoft Office 365.
- Tap Recent to view a list of notes you've recently opened, and then tap a page to open it.
To view different parts of the note, zoom in and out by stretching and pinching your fingers, and scroll by swiping up or down.
- OneNote Mobile doesn't support all the features that are found in Microsoft OneNote Online or Microsoft OneNote 2010 or later. If a note has content that's not supported in OneNote Mobile, you can still open the note and view it on your phone, but the unsupported content won't be displayed.
- If you open a OneNote file that was attached to an email, you can't save or edit that file on your phone.
- If the note you want to open is in a closed notebook, tap the notebook under Closed notebooks to open it, and then navigate to the note or search for it.
To create a to-do list
Tap in the body of a note, tap To do , and then type the first item.
Tap Enter , and then type the second item.
To end the to-do list, tap Enter twice.
To create other kinds of lists
Do one or more of the following in a note:
- To create a bulleted list, tap List .
- To create a numbered list, tap More > Numbered list.
Type the first item.
Tap Enter , and then type the second item.
To end the list, tap Enter twice.
To insert a picture in a note
Tap in a note, and then tap Picture . (If you're prompted to download the Office Lens, tap Skip.)
Swipe over to Albums and do one of the following:
- To take a new picture and insert it, tap Camera , then take the picture and tap Accept.
- To insert an existing picture, tap the album that contains the picture you want to insert, tap the picture (or pictures), and then tap Done .
Want to create a new note that has some pictures you took on your phone? Do one of the following:
- With Windows Phone 8.1 – On Start , tap Photos and swipe over to Albums. Then tap Camera roll > Select > tap the pictures you want to include in your note > Share > OneNote.
- With Windows Phone 8 – On Start , tap Photos > Camera roll. Then tap Select > tap the pictures you want to include in your note > Share > OneNote.
Office Lens lets you scan whiteboards, documents, and more with your phone's camera. To get the Office Lens, tap Download when prompted. You can also download it from the Windows Phone Store at any time.
To add audio to a note
Tap in a note, and then tap Audio .
Speak and record what you want to say.
Tap Stop when you're done.
To play the audio, tap Audio note .
To format text in a note
In a note, tap a word, and then drag the circles at each end of the selected text to include the first and last words you want to format.
Tap More > Format.
Under Format, tap the text formatting you want to use.
The text formatting options include Bold , Italic , Underline , and Strikethrough .
To stop formatting text as you type, tap after the selected text, tap More > Format, and then tap the icon for the current formatting to turn it off.
You can apply more than one formatting option to the text you've selected. To do this, select the text to format, tap More > Format, and then choose the first formatting option. After that, tap More > Format again, and then choose another formatting option.
To start a new page in a specific notebook
On the OneNote screen, tap a notebook (it can be opened or closed), tap a section, and then tap New .
To delete a page
In OneNote, open the section in the notebook that has the page you want to delete.
Tap and hold the page, and then tap Delete.
Tap Yes in the Delete page? message box.
If the notebook is on OneDrive or SharePoint, the page will be deleted on both your phone and the server.
To delete a page that's currently open, tap More > Delete > Yes to confirm.
You can also delete more than one page at a time. In the section that has the pages you want to delete, tap More > Select pages > tap the pages you want to delete > Delete > Delete to confirm.
To send a note in email
In OneNote, open the note you want to send as an attachment in email.
Tap More > Share, and then tap the email account you want to use to send the note.
Add the recipient and any other information to your email, and then tap Send .