- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from Windows Phone Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- Games on my Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Get suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Set up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Set up the Facebook app
- Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Use Speech on my phone
- Use Internet Explorer
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Sync documents using my computer
- Sync documents with OneDrive
- Use OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scan codes and text
- Use maps
- Get directions
- Share apps with Apps Corner
- Location awareness and my phone
Sync documents with OneDrive
With Microsoft OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive), you can get to your documents from virtually anywhere. Start working on a document on your computer, and then continue on your phone. Or you can do it the other way around. To get started on your phone, sign in with your Microsoft account, and then go to the Office Hub.
To sync documents from OneDrive to your phone
On your phone, sign in with a Microsoft account.
In the App list, tap Office .
You'll see that your OneDrive has been added to Places. Swipe over to Recent to see documents on OneDrive that you've recently opened from somewhere else. Other documents you've recently opened on your phone will appear there, too.
In Windows Phone 8, OneDrive is called SkyDrive.
To open a document, do either of the following:
- Swipe over to Places, tap OneDrive, tap a folder, and then tap a document or notebook to open it.
- Swipe over to Recent, and then tap a document.
If you don't see the file you're looking for on OneDrive, you can do any of the following in the Office Hub to search for it:
- To search for a document, swipe over to Places or Recent, tap Search , and then start typing the file name. Tap the one you're interested in to open and edit it.
- To search for a particular note, swipe over to Places, tap OneDrive, and then tap a notebook to open it in Microsoft OneNote Mobile. In OneNote, tap Search , and then type a notebook name, section name, page title, or a word or two that might appear in a note. Tap Enter , and then tap a notebook, section, or page to open it.
- On OneDrive, you can access both your own Office files and those that other people have shared with you.
- When you save changes to a file that's on OneDrive, the changes are saved to OneDrive.
- A OneNote notebook that's larger than 50 megabytes (MB) can't be synced to OneDrive.
To save an existing document to OneDrive
Any document you can open on your phone can be saved to OneDrive, including email attachments and files on a Microsoft SharePoint or a SharePoint Online site.
In the Office Hub, swipe over to Places, and then tap the place that the document is in.
Tap and hold the document, tap Save to > OneDrive.
To save a new document to OneDrive
In the Office Hub, swipe over to Recent, tap New > Word or Excel.
Add the content you want, then tap More > Save.
Type a name in the File name box, and then tap the Save to list > OneDrive > Save.