- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from the Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- Send apps or games to my phone from the web
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Set up My Family
- Games Hub
- Set up an Xbox account
- Play games
- Troubleshoot Store problems
- How do I install apps from an SD card?
Set up an Xbox account
It's free to join Xbox and set up an account—you can do it right from your phone.
If you already have an Xbox account, you can sign in on your phone with the same email address you use for your Xbox account. This lets you use your gamertag, check leaderboards, customize your avatar, and do many more Xbox-related things on your phone. If you're not sure which email address you use for Xbox, see Find the Microsoft account I used to create my gamertag.
In the App list, tap Games .
Flick to the Xbox pane, and then tap Join Xbox or sign in.
If you've already signed in with a Microsoft account but haven't set it up for Xbox, follow the instructions to do so.
If you haven't yet signed in with a Microsoft account on your phone, follow the instructions to sign in or to create a new account. If you have more than one Microsoft account and aren't sure which one to use, see Which Microsoft account should I use?
- When you set up a new Xbox account, you'll be assigned a gamertag. If you'd like, you can change your gamertag once for free. To learn how, see this gamertag article on Xbox.com.
- Xbox may not be available in your country or region.