- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from Windows Phone Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- Games on my Windows Phone
- Where's the App list?
- Solutions to Store issues
- What suggestions will I see on my Windows Phone 8?
- Get suggestions in the Store FAQ
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Which apps can I use to sync with my computer?
- Tips for using the Windows Phone app
- Set up My Family for Windows Phone
- My Family FAQ
- Set up the Facebook app
- Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account
- Use Speech on my phone
- Use Internet Explorer
- Change privacy and other browser settings
- Office Hub
- Sync documents using my computer
- Sync documents with OneDrive
- Use OneNote Mobile
- Wallet FAQ
- Scan codes and text
- Use maps
- Get directions
- Share apps with Apps Corner
- Location awareness and my phone
Get apps from Windows Phone Store
You'll find apps and games by the thousands in the Windows Phone Store, Microsoft's virtual entertainment shop for your phone. Many apps are totally free, and others let you try before you buy.
You can shop the Store from your phone, and browse the Store from your PC, Mac, or tablet.
- This topic is about Windows Phone 8.1. If your phone is running Windows Phone 8, some options and icons may look different, and some features may not be available. Check to see which software version you have and find out if an update is available.
- To get music, videos, and podcasts, in the App list tap Music, Video, or Podcasts.
To shop from your phone
Pan down to browse featured apps or games, or swipe over to browse other collections and categories. If you know what you're looking for, you can also tap Search . When you find an app or game you want, tap it.
Once you've tapped an app or game, on Overview, pan down to see screenshots. Swipe over to see customer reviews, details, and related apps. Tap Share (or More > Share) to send someone a link to the app or game.
If an app or game is free, tap Install to download it. Otherwise:
- Tap Buy to pay for it (you'll be prompted twice).
- Tap Try to download a free trial version (if available).
Depending on your mobile operator, app and game purchases may be added to your phone bill. To pay with a credit card instead, after tapping Buy, on the Confirm purchase screen, tap Add or switch payment methods. From there, you can switch to another payment method or add a new one. For a list of mobile operators that support mobile operator billing in each country, see Mobile operator billing on Windows Phone Dev Center.
Look in the App list for new apps or games you've bought. (It might take several minutes for an app or game to finish downloading.)
Explore the Store on the web
Browse top charts: free or paid, best-rated, or new and rising. Prowl through categories or check out the apps and games we picked for you, all on your PC, Mac, or tablet. Open your favorite browser and go to www.windowsphone.com, and then click Apps+games.
- Some apps and features won't work on phones with less than 1 GB of RAM. To see how much memory your phone has, check the manufacturer's website or your phone's documentation.
- Windows Phone Store may not be available in your country or region.