- Touring Windows Phone Store
- Get apps from the Store
- Delete or reinstall apps
- Download apps and games FAQ
- Send apps or games to my phone from the web
- How can I tell if an app has requirements?
- Set up My Family
- Games Hub
- Set up an Xbox account
- Play games
- Troubleshoot Store problems
- How do I install apps from an SD card?
Delete or reinstall apps
Deleting an app or game removes it from your phone and frees up space. It also removes any information it may have contained—such as notes in an app, or save files for a game. So you should remove apps and games with care.
To delete an app
In the App list, tap and hold an app, and then tap Uninstall.
When you're asked for confirmation, tap Yes.
To delete a game
On Start , tap Games .
In Collection, tap and hold a game, and then tap Uninstall.
To reinstall apps from your phone
If you accidentally delete an app—or ever have to replace your phone—you can reinstall apps or games you've bought without paying for them again (as long as they're still available in the Windows Phone Store).
On Start , tap Store .
Tap Search to find the app or game you want to reinstall.
Do one of the following:
- If it's a free app or game, tap Install.
- If it's a paid app, tap Buy. On the confirmation screen, you'll see a message saying you've already purchased this app. Tap Install to install it again.
Follow the instructions to reinstall the app.
To reinstall apps from your computer
Open a web browser on your computer and go to www.windowsphone.com.
Under the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the screen, sign in with the same Microsoft account (formerly Windows Live ID) you use on your phone.
In the same drop-down menu, click Purchase history.
Under Purchase history, find the app you want to reinstall and click Reinstall.
Follow the instructions to reinstall the app. You might have to reenter your Microsoft account information.
Xbox and Windows Phone Store may not be available in your country or region.