Sync documents with OneDrive
You can use OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) to access your documents from both your phone and computer. To get started, on your phone, sign in with your Windows Live ID, and then go to the Office Hub.
To sync documents from OneDrive to your phone
On your phone, sign in with a Windows Live ID.
On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Office .
Your notes in Microsoft OneNote notebooks on OneDrive will appear in Notes, and your other Office documents will appear in Documents.
If there isn't a default OneNote notebook named Personal (Web) in your My Documents folder on OneDrive, it will be automatically created on OneDrive and synced to your phone.
Tap a note or document to open it.
If you don't see the file you're looking for on OneDrive, you can do the following in the Office Hub to search or browse for it:
- To search for a particular note, flick to Notes, tap Search , and then start typing a notebook, section, or page name. Tap to open and edit the note you'd like.
- To search for other documents, flick to Documents, tap Search , flick to OneDrive, and then start typing the file name. Tap the one you're interested in to open and edit it.
- To browse for a document, flick to Locations, tap OneDrive, tap a folder, and then tap the document to open and edit it.
- You can access both your own Office files and those that other people have shared with you on OneDrive.
- Whenever you save changes to a file, they're saved to OneDrive.
- To make sure your OneNote notebook syncs to OneDrive, don't change the default notebook name from Personal (Web), and don't change the name of the Unfiled Notes section in the notebook.
- A OneNote notebook that is larger than 50 megabytes (MB) can't sync to OneDrive.
To upload an existing document to OneDrive
If you already have a document on your phone, you can upload it to OneDrive.
In the Office Hub, flick to Locations, and then tap Phone.
Tap the document to open it, and then tap More > Share > OneDrive.
To save a new document to OneDrive
In the Office Hub, flick to Documents, tap New > Word or Excel.
After you make some changes, tap More > Save.
Type a name in the File name box, and then tap the Save to list > OneDrive > Save.