Marketplace is Microsoft's virtual store for apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, and podcasts for your phone.
If you're looking for apps and games, you can browse and shop Marketplace from two convenient places:
- Your phone (just tap Marketplace on Start)
- The Windows Phone Store on the web
If you're looking for music, videos, or podcasts, check out the Zune Marketplace from your PC in the Zune software. (You can also get music and podcasts from the Marketplace Hub on your phone.)
The following topics cover the different ways to use or access Marketplace:
- Get apps from Marketplace
- Get music, videos, and podcasts from Marketplace
- Download apps and games FAQ
- Get to know the Zune software
- To download apps to your phone, you'll need Windows Phone 7.5. If you're not sure which software version is currently installed on your phone or how to install an update, visit Update central.
- You won't be able to manage podcast subscriptions on your phone or watch video podcasts if your phone has 256 MB of RAM. To find out how much memory your phone has, on Start, flick left, tap Settings, and then tap About.
- Marketplace may not be available in your country or region.